Thursday 5 April 2012

Pumpkin Soup - Oh it was ammmmaaaazzzing!

Yes today I had pumpkin soup - YUM! Not much granted, but it was enough to kick start the taste buds again. I went to see the Dietician yesterday and she said for the next week I can have anything that I can suck up a straw.

 So.... off to the supermarket to find straw suckable food.

It is not far off winter here in Sydney so all of the soups are filling the shelves and there it was glowing - pumpkin soup, my favourite. I had about 100ml and I was full but at least it was not one of those horrible diet drinks.

So my day consisted of - 8 days post-op


  • Breakfast - 1/2 glass skim milk

  • Lunch - 100 ml of pumpkin soup (approx)

  • Tea - 100 ml of pumpkin soup (approx)



Drinks throughout day - water and diet ice tea.

I'm building it up. I just find I get full so quickly. Luckily with the sleeve I do not feel hungry, I just have to work on building up each meal.

Who would have thought - before the surgery I would have eaten a large bowl of soup and 1 roll for lunch. That would keep me going for a week now!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm..I'm generally not a fan of any gourde type soups (squash, etc.). But it sounds good anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete