Sunday 19 February 2012

Wow - I cannot believe I am going to do this!
I am in shock that I have finally got the courage to say 'I am going to do this". My life has always been fat. For a long time I felt fine. Nothing slowed me down but my feelings were always being hurt. 'Friends' and relatives would always have jabs at my weight and I would come crashing down to earth. I would always be angry. How dare people think that just because you are overweight that they have the right to comment! Do I say 'well you are ugly, small, sound like a man, have a lisp ...'. Do I say that - NO and the reason - because you just don't. It's rude. But when it comes to being overweight, well that seems to be a free ticket to insults.

Then the biggest hurt of all came - a photo. I saw myself. AAHHHHHH! I was shocked, disgusted, hurt, and sad. What had I become. I want to live my life to the fullest. I want to look and feel good. I want to live to an old age.

I have a thyroid disorder and have battled the extra bulge that goes along with that for the last 15 years. Now I am looking to the future with some excitement. Clothes - just imagine shopping for clothes in a section that does not resemble car covers! OH YES!!!

So it is off the to the clinic on the 8th March. My first consultation. Excited - YES. Nervous - YES. Going to succeed - YES.


1 comment:

  1. Hi I found your blog on what I have termed "Lapbandia blog world" and LBG. I am excited that you made the decision. On March 9th I have my surgery and I am super pumped about it. I 2 have been big my entire life. Good luck and I look forward to going through this journey with you!

    http://victoriasnewlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete